Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hondascott

hondascott

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

You people helped alot with the wireless KB/mouse issue. Now I hope I'm not gonna' hurt your bean with this. Win XP. Fresh install. I started having problems after SP$. Now almost every thing I do..screwed. Go for recovery works until you click on the calendar and then it says "blank.. has encountered a error. Send report?". If I try to install anything it goes the same. "blank blank blank has encountered a error. Send report?". I thought it was my HD but it seems to be how Win is launching stuff. I have my Win disk so is there some file I can copy because my other one got douched? It just seems like some "launcher" prob. ASUS A7V8 MB, 4Gig Ram, Asus r series video.. Weird if I try to install anything it just says "blank blank encountered an error..
I don't want to pooter my HD. Help? Thanks Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi Scott -
FIRST - Have you got your original XP CD, or can you borrow the same version as yours ??
NEXT - Do you have a CD drive on your ASUS, or do you need directions to reinstall with USB devices ??

I have not looked fully for a Recovery Partition on your system, as you did not list the Model of the ASUS -

Thank You -
EXTRA - This From ASUS Support seems to be for recovery of your installed XP partition

Edited by noknojon, 29 November 2012 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users