Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dual monitor, 2 computers with 2 single monitor kvm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qasir

qasir

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Currently I run 2 computers and 1 kvm for single display. I would like to run 2 monitors, same 2 computers each with a dual display card, using 2 single monitor kvm. The dual monitor 2 port kvm are high priced. I also seen an article somewhere how this was done by connecting usb ports between the pc's, but cannot locate it. Does anyone have info on this very subject? Thank you in adavance.
qasir.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't have a solution. To connect 2 PCs by USB you need an intermediate piece of electronics and software.

An alternative to switching is to use something like RealVNC across the network. I don't think it works with the configuration you are planning.

#3 qasir

qasir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

OK, I finally found the article which includes the schematic I used, with a slight change. I omitted the top two lines (usb) for each pc, connecting the two pc's. It looks like my setup is what the second last reply in the article did. Steven I believe. It works great for what I do. Hope it helps someone else. Here's the link.
http://www.inspectmygadget.com/2007/08/02/how-to-setup-a-cheap-dual-monitor-kvm-alternative/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users