Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Higher CPU and Memory usage.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sotyr

Sotyr

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Not too long ago I got rid of a virus (With the help of somebody here) and since I got rid of it (but not while I had it) My CPU and Memory usage have been higher. normally With 3 or 4 tabs of google crome,Skype and Avast Open My CPU usage moves between 4, 5,7 and maybe 14 Now it's going between 12,16,18,22, and goes to up around 100 when opening most anything. where as My memory is usually 1.53 GB (With Previously stated stuff open) And with skype alone open it's at 1.88 with one tab of google crome it goes too 2.14 GB. It probably sounds like a viruses doing but 3 different scans, (Eset, Avast! and Malware-Bytes All Full scans) haven't found any more viruses afterwards.

Edit: I didn't think of running Rkill I did and it got these:

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:
C:\ProgramData\Skype\Toolbars\Skype C2C Service\c2c_service.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe

Edited by Sotyr, 29 November 2012 - 08:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users