Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software RAID 0 failing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sag12

sag12

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hello my name I guess does not matter but I am looking for some advise on a RAID 0 starting to fail. When I go into computer manager I am seeing that Disk 1 has a problem. Disk 0 at this point seems to be fine. If I have to replace the Disk 1 how would I bring the mirror back and what are the possibles of loose the mirror. And can I still have people on the system while re-creating the mirror. We are speaking about a HP Proliant ML310 G3 Storage running software RAID 0. Running of the chkdsk did find errors and made corrections to the file system. Your thoughts please. Any help would be great I don't want to loose this system. And time does appear to be short.

Tech guy needing help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sag12

sag12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

What is this?

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Is it raid 0 or raid 1? Raid 0 is a striped set and raid 1 is a mirrored set. With raid 1 mirror you will need to break the mirror ..replace the affected drive...then recreate the mirror. The striped set you will need to back up the data....replace the drive ...restore the data from backup.

Edited by Baltboy, 14 December 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users