Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer extremely slow after simple repair

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pie_Guy

Pie_Guy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

My problem started when I decided to use computer duster on the cooling/fan system of my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. Turns out that while unscrewing the cooling system I accidentally disloged the processor beneath it; my comp became totally inoperable and a guy at a repair shop figured out my problem for $20 and put the processor chip back in place (kind of funny how simple it was, but I am not computer savvy).

I figured that since the problem was solved, my comp would be back to normal but it has slowed down quite a bit. Problems opening multiple internet windows, for example, that I never had before. Even opening Word/pdf files problem is noticed and sometimes get "Not Responding" error messages.

I am wondering if anyone knows of specific issues related to taking out a processor and putting it back in place - I'm not really looking for general help on speeding up my comp. It just seems strange that my comp is so slow now, when nothing has really happened to it other than the repair.

After everything was fixed my comp clock reverted back to 2008 when I bought the comp and I had to change the clock before the internet worked again. But everything else seems fine other than being much slower.

I have tried: using Windows Restore, disk defrag, CleanUp but no real improvement.

Sorry if this is lacking specifics or in the wrong part of forum, as I said I'm not computer savvy.

Thanks

Dell Inspiron 1525
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
32-bit system

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users