Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Security essentials uninstall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guisseppi

Guisseppi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I INSTALLED mse A WHILE AGO AND ITWAS WORKING FINE BUT LAST MONTH THE NORMALLY gREEN iCON MONITORING THIS SERVICE TURNED rED WITH A WHITE CROSS. I CLICKED ON THIS RED ICON AND GOT A SCREEN THAT TOLD ME THE MONITORING SERVICE HAS STOPPED AND IS OUT OF DATE. wHEN i CLICKED ON THE START UP BUTTON A BOX APPEARED THAT SAID NETWORK SOURCE UNAVAILABLE. tHEN i WENT AND CHECKED MY SECURITY AND IT TOLD ME THAT THE FIREWALL ETC ARE ALL ON. i THEN TRIED TO UNINSTALL mse BUT i GOT A BOX SAYING THE SAME NETWORK RESOURCE IN UNAVAILABLE. mse IS STILL LISTED AS A VALID PROGRAM BUT i STILL CAN'T UNINSTALL IT. i WANTED TO UNINSTALL AND THEN REINSTALL mse BUT NO LUCK

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

...here's a tool to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from another page on this site that you can try...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/microsoft-security-essentials-removal-tool/

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hello Guisseppi -

Please check your Caps Lock button, as it seems to be stuck on while you are writing your question.

Thank You -

#4 Guisseppi

Guisseppi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I earlier submitted a post about not being unable to remove Microsoft Security Essentials. However, when I went on to the CONTROL PANEL icon and saw that MSE wasn't as an installed program. Then I clicked Start and brought up all my programs, I saw MSE listed and I clicked on it and a box said"Sustem cannot find path specified. I then tried to install MSE and the installation wizard showed it was installing MSE but after an hour it kept showing me that the installation was still going. Afet about an hour and a half I closed this wizard. MSE was never installed. No one so far in Blimping .com or in Microsoft has been able to solve my problem. When I check my security Center is shows that I have the virus-spyware and firewall enabled. However, as stated before, the monitoring service on MSE has stopped. I know the MSE was originally installed on my PC but I don't show it being installed today. Help

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Have you tried the uninstall tool ? I may have missed it

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I earlier submitted a post about not being unable to remove Microsoft Security Essentials. However, when I went on to the CONTROL PANEL icon and saw that MSE wasn't as an installed program. Then I clicked Start and brought up all my programs, I saw MSE listed and I clicked on it and a box said"Sustem cannot find path specified. I then tried to install MSE and the installation wizard showed it was installing MSE but after an hour it kept showing me that the installation was still going. Afet about an hour and a half I closed this wizard. MSE was never installed. No one so far in Blimping .com or in Microsoft has been able to solve my problem. When I check my security Center is shows that I have the virus-spyware and firewall enabled. However, as stated before, the monitoring service on MSE has stopped. I know the MSE was originally installed on my PC but I don't show it being installed today. Help

You need to follow the directions given which is likely the case why your problem is not solved. Please report back with the results on if the tool worked.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

From Post #2 above - Read and follow this .................................................
............... here's a tool to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from another page on this site that you can try ................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/microsoft-security-essentials-removal-tool/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users