, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
My name is bloopie
and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can!
A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
- If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
==========Step Run Combofix
You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only)
if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)
Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here<
Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job...this is normal.
You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2
Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer
- Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
- Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
- Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
- When finished, it will produce a report for you C:\Combofix.txt. Please include that in your next reply.
Please download aswMBR
( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.
- When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.
- Click the Scan button to start the scan.
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.
==========In your next reply, please include the following:
How is the computer running now?
- The Combofix log
- The aswMBR log