Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nightly Spam Emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeked

jeked

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi,

I work for a small butcher who has 18 workstations, a combination of Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro. At least 1 of these PCs has an infection of some kind that is generating thousands of emails each night and queing them on the mail server.

Currently these are the tools i have used to scan all 18 PCs:
Malwarebytes
AVG Free or MSE
TDSSkiller
GMER

In addition to these tools, on the workstation that we think is the problem (Win 7 Pro) i have used:
McAfee Stinger.exe
Trojan Killer
Rogue Killer
CleanUp!
MRT

I have found some infection with these tools on most PC, rangeing from Tracking Cookies in AVG to 2-3 hidden system32 services but i am still to find the infected PC('s) as the emails are still being generated.

Im not sure what other information is required or where to go from here. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Jeked

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeked

jeked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Please close thread as issue has been sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users