Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI MoneyPak virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wolfgirl89

wolfgirl89

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hello i have a laptop with windows vista home premium that has the FBI MoneyPak virus on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This problem occured about 2 weeks ago. I was on the internet and then this pop up comes up, an FBI warning that said it locked my computer and to unlock it i had to pay using MoneyPak. I restarted my computer and it starts up normally and everything runs like it usually does but now theres a little window with the title 'desktop'. It says it can't load or run a specific file. As long as I don't click 'ok' in the window then the FBI Warning Money Pak pop up won't come up and stay stuck on my screen. I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus and I ran a scan but it didn't pick up or say it found anything on my computer but obviously there is a virus on my compter. Why it didn't detect this virus, i have no clue.

This is exactly what appears in the 'desktop' window:

Could not load or run 'C:\Users\Demi\LOCALS~1\Temp\msvzawy.bat' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exsists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry

What do I do now to get this completely off my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Remove the FBI MoneyPak Ransomware or the Reveton TrojanHave you tried this Guide yet?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users