Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to remove realsched in MSCONFIG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 purplewarrior

purplewarrior

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hi,
Checked the startup tab of MSCONFIG and found realsched(after some research found out that its related to realplayer which I uninstalled a month ago).
If its of no use I'd love to remove that completely.
Can anyone please help me out???
Thanks in advance.

Edited by purplewarrior, 28 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

1) When you say remove it, do you mean uninstall it? If so, you'll have to uninstall real player.

2) If you want to keep it from starting with the system, do not use msconfig to make permanent changes to startup items. Instead, download a dedicated, simple app such as Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel and just uncheck any item you do not want loading with the system (http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml)

#3 purplewarrior

purplewarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hey Allan,
You skipped this part: and found realsched(after some research found out that its related to realplayer which I uninstalled a month ago). :thumbup2:

1) Yeah I wanna uninstall realsched since I dont have realplayer installed anymore.

Thank you.

Edited by purplewarrior, 28 November 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Oh. Yeah, I missed that :). Just uncheck it - it's probably a left over startup entry.

You can look in ADD / REMOVE just to make sure there isn't a separate app called "realsched" or anything similar that you want to uninstall, but I'm guessing it's just a leftover entry.

#5 purplewarrior

purplewarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Oh. Yeah, I missed that :). Just uncheck it - it's probably a left over startup entry.

You can look in ADD / REMOVE just to make sure there isn't a separate app called "realsched" or anything similar that you want to uninstall, but I'm guessing it's just a leftover entry.

Okay, will do.

#6 purplewarrior

purplewarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hey Allan,
If you don't mind can you please let me know if the below entries are needed in the startup tab of MSCONFIG and if my system could run fine without em.
1)NBHGui
2)RTHDCPL
3)ALCMTR
4)Reader_sl
5)Adobe Gamma Loader

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

No, they are not needed. For future reference, you can always uncheck something, reboot, and then determine your preference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users