Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Drop on XP Box but Network still accessible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AricV

AricV

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Running XP Pro SP3
Workgroup
running through a Cisco SOHO router

I have a end user that has been complaining about dropping the internet at random. He is running Chrome and uses gmail alot for his job. When he loses connection I can still ping and connect to other systems on the network, just can get out (cant ping the router IP). I have done a virus removal and clean up .. no luck .. and after banging my head on the wall a few days i said WTH ill just install a new hard drive and reload everything from scratch ... that will fix it ... Well ... it did'nt. No thier systems on the network seem to be having this issue .. I am at a loss and have a aggravated manager looking for another IT guy i think

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

He is running Chrome and uses gmail alot for his job.

I quite often use Gmail, but since I hate and do not use Chrome (due to their scammy promotions), I have no problems while using I.E. 9 -
Have you put this simple option forward to the user ??

#3 AricV

AricV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I dont think its related to the browser, he has a stand alone pandora player .. and when it drops he loses that too. I changed the cable out from the machine to the wall and put it on a diff jack on the wall and then a diff switch on the port ... worked for 7 hours .. now its back to doing the same thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users