Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 wont boot up.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 armyguard90

armyguard90

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

My situation is a little strange. I have a military grade Symantec on my computer last night the " tamper protection" engaged and powered down my laptop.
I tried restarting it and I get past the windows logo but then the black screen with the cursor.
I tried doing a recovery and that didnt work. Still nothing.
Now my situation is, when I was doing the F2 I beleive I may have messed something up, because its now not booting up at all. In short telling me my Hard Drive cannot be found.

I have a HDD image on a external HDD.
I really need my laptop up and going again. Please help

PS

I have a Toshiba L755D S7332
Windows 7.

Note : I have tried unplugging it and taking the battery out all the basic steps have been covered. Only options Have are F2 and F12

Well I can press F12 and press HDD Recovery and the windows logo will come up and load, then goes to a black screen and the cursor. After 20 Seconds of it being like that it will reload.

I also took the hard drive out and put it into another toshiba laptop and it does the same thing. So its been confirmed that there is something wrong with the harddrive.

Any tips? besides getting a new harddrive?

Please help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cbn620

cbn620

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Have you tried booting into safe mode perhaps?

Is the image on your external HDD a bootable one? If so, why not try booting from the external HDD?

You will have to change the boot order to do this. It's not terribly difficult, here is a guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm

If this is an external HDD connected through USB, there should be an option in the boot order menu to boot from that USB device if it is plugged in. If there is no option for it consider burning the image to a disc and booting from the drive the disc is inserted in.

If this is not a bootable disc, the next consideration would be to try reinstalling Windows entirely.

If the HDD is the problem though, essentially the only real solution is to replace it. If it's a hardware problem that corrupted your Windows install, then the drive may fail sometime in the near future.

Edited by cbn620, 27 November 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#3 armyguard90

armyguard90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

The only options I have to press are F 2 and F12.

Right now its telling me "something, press any key", I've assumed my operating system on my Hard Drive has been corrupted..
Any tips?

#4 armyguard90

armyguard90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

The only options I have to press are F 2 and F12.

Right now its telling me "something, press any key", I've assumed my operating system on my Hard Drive has been corrupted..
Any tips?

Also,
I have multiple files on the External HDD ( Movies and files and such, was told id have to delete them in order for the image to load. its a Terabyte too. )

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Please try this >>
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

#6 armyguard90

armyguard90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

This is the error im getting when I start up, F8 is not possible.

Please Disregard the ACER logo this is NOT my computer just a reference.

#7 pontiacinf

pontiacinf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

I am far from super smart but from the image you posted it is not seeing your hard drive. Are you able
to get into BIOS and change the boot order because if so you can also see what the BIOS is pointed at. See if
your your hard drive is fully seated by when powerd down, find the hard drive which is usually on the side but could
be anywhere-identify it, take the screws out, and also remove your battery. Wait about five mins and re-install the drive
and secure with the screws, then reinstall your battery. These are a few steps to get you started.

#8 pontiacinf

pontiacinf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

oh also when the hard drive screws are out take out the drive, Im sorry I was not exactly clear.

#9 armyguard90

armyguard90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I have tried that and still nothing.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

My situation is a little strange. I have a military grade Symantec on my computer last night the " tamper protection" engaged and powered down my laptop.

Hi -
Just a quick question (that you may have followed), have you asked Symantic about the "Military grade" version, and why it has become "tamper proof" due to this, or is this normal.
It seems this program (Symantic) has blocked your system, and is your problem, so you now seek a way around this Symantic problem -

Only due to the lack of helpful responses to this, I would ask Symantic if you are just blocked, or require a new HDD replacement -

Regards -

#11 armyguard90

armyguard90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi -
Just a quick question (that you may have followed), have you asked Symantic about the "Military grade" version, and why it has become "tamper proof" due to this, or is this normal.
It seems this program (Symantic) has blocked your system, and is your problem, so you now seek a way around this Symantic problem -

Only due to the lack of helpful responses to this, I would ask Symantic if you are just blocked, or require a new HDD replacement -

Regards -

Theres something on Symantic thats called " Tamper protection" if something tries to tamper with the system it automatically shuts down the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users