Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Coolpad Quattro 4G lte

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DONBEL

DONBEL

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I just purchased my first smart phone and should have done it a long time ago. I'm having a lot of fun with it and enjoy the constant access to the internet, etc. But, I have a question: is there an adapter that will let me plug in to a set of laptop speakers with a USB 2.0 connection to the headphone jack on this phone? I can't find one anywhere. I tried CompUSA, Newegg and Amazon and...nada. Is there another way I could configure it using a combo of jack adapters?

Thanks again, guys

DonBel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Headphone-Cable-White/dp/B006D7Z69E

If the USB is not correct you can use a gender changer adapter.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 DONBEL

DONBEL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

That's exactly it but I would need the female to female gender adapter also. Which is right underneath your link as a recommended item for $.62! Why doesn't Newegg carry this? I checked their site and even sent an e-mail asking if the product existed but never got a reply. I tried CompUSA but no joy. It's like $3.00 for both parts. Thanks so much.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

Glad I was able to help.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users