Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Requested Resource Is In Use Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sommers828

sommers828

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Mod Edit: Split from:

Hello im not sure if this is the right spot to ask but anyways please reply with some ideas.Recently i have been trying to open file with the UAC shield and every time i receive an error message saying the "requested resource is in use". I am unable to run cmd as administator,unable to run malwarebytes in normal i can only run it in safe mode.I have posted on the microsoft forums and got some help there but it didnt work.he suggested i use roguekiller and rkill.So i did RKill it came back with nothing. I scanned with the sfc in cmd safe mode it returned "No integrity errors". MBAM in safe mode returned nothing. Eset online scanner in safe mode returned nothing as well. I can scan my pc with MSE, i can update MSE but i cannot cancel update it returns an error code "0x800700aa".

Thanks for your time and help,
Hockeyrulez

I'm having the same problem. Can't run exe except in safe mode. Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2012 - 10:24 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am i Infected, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hello please repost this with a DDS as explianed here.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hockeyrulez

hockeyrulez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hello please repost this with a DDS as explianed here.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.

I have downloaded the DDS as you linked,but i can't even open that in normal mode, it just returns the requested resource is in use.

Edited by hockeyrulez, 28 November 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.

Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
    If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 hockeyrulez

hockeyrulez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.

• Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.

Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
    If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.

I have downloaded and tried to open OTL by double clicking and by running as admin, both return the requested resource is in use.
I have read the prep guide but i am unsure on the backing up part i understand it is to prevent data loss but would backing up also back up a potential threat?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ok,as you have a lot of dificulty and we don't want to lose the system.. Start a new topic there include this link back to here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic476621.html/page__pid__2907766#top

Title it cannot run DDS or OTL

Mention you are getting this.... Requested Resource Is In Use Error

Edited by boopme, 28 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#7 hockeyrulez

hockeyrulez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Ok,as you have a lot of dificulty and we don't want to lose the system.. Start a new topic there include this link back to here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic476621.html/page__pid__2907766#top

Title it cannot run DDS or OTL

Mention you are getting this.... Requested Resource Is In Use Error

Hey umm interestingly enough i tried opening a file with the uac today and it worked, i did absolutely nothing to it. I am at a loss of words as to what happened now...

Edited by hockeyrulez, 03 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Perhaps just a registry glitch,,just be happy for small blessings :)So you do not inadvertantly goes back to the corrupt state do this. (even though it may not have been malware)

Now you should Create a New Restore Point (alternate method) to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the newly created Restore Point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users