Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boobasul

boobasul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hi all! I recently bought two ink cartridges for my printer. After installing them i noticed that one of them has failed, I thought what the hell? I checked the print cartridges and they seem to be fine ( just bought them). Cleaning the printheads of the printer seemed to work and it seemed to print but the colors look washed out. I'm now thinking that this is a printer problem and my printer needs to be serviced.

What do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Refresh Cartridges

Refresh Cartridges

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

It is hard to say whether it is most likely to be a printer or a cartridge issue without knowing the model of the printer. Could you let us know the model of your printer please?

#3 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi boobasul and welcome to the BC Forums! :busy:

In addition to the brand/model of your printer as requested in Refresh Cartridges' post above, would you also be so kind as to provide the following information which will enable our other knowledgeable members, Moderators, & Admins to better assist you with your problem.

1. How OLD is your printer and when was it last serviced?
2. Are the ink cartridges in question, specifically manufactured for your printer (e.g. Dell cartridges for a Dell printer, HP cartridges for an HP printer, etc), or are they generic/re-fillable type cartridges which are supposedly compatible with your printer?

Thank you for providing the additional info and best regards,

Edited by spc3rd, 27 November 2012 - 10:27 AM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#4 Jonathan James

Jonathan James

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Please check that the cartridge that you have bought is of same model of that of printer or not. I suggest you to clean the printer heal with cloth gently.Reinstall the printer software,and put the cartridge again.If the problem persist take it to the vendor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users