Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extreme Lag after 5 minutes of Gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

This topic is being moved, per suggestion from tech support in the Gaming Forum to this forum, in order to obtain assistance with current ongoing computer problem.

Please reference this link below in the Gaming Forum in order to be up to speed on what steps I have taken and a broad overview of the current problem on my system:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic475282.html/page__p__2896251__fromsearch__1#entry2896251

If needed, I can certainly attempt to summerize what has taken place again here. The only difference in hardware now as compared to the speccy I ran in the other forum, is that I have an nVidia MSI GTX660 instead of the GForce GTX560. Otherwise, all the hardware is the same.

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Please, go ahead and close this ticket.

As the game play and internet performance slowly got worse, I decided to check each port on my router. I discovered that out of the 4 ports, 2 ports on my old Cisco/Linksys reouter were actually bad and only 2 were good.

I basically ran the cable line directly into my computer to check and everything was running fine. Just to make sure it was not a faulty cable line, I changed that too just in case, but the cable line seems to be fine. I went and purchased a brand new Netgear R6200 router and not only does everything work fine, but even more stable and alot faster!

The only drawback to the new modem is that it does not reach throughout the entire house. My house is like 60+ years old and the walls are made of the older slates w/plaster instead of the thinner sheetrock used today. So, I guess the router range can only go through so much concrete walls. I may need to purchase an amplifire to rememdy this.

But, all is working well now. Thanks again for your assistance on the gaming forum.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users