Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New variant of Moneypak?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jfoust

jfoust

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I banged my head against a client's Monekypak infection: Under WinXP, it would blue-screen in any safe mode. I tried offline bootable CD scanners from F-Secure and Kaspersky. I tried Kaspersky's 'windowsunlocker'. I manually cleared out all the temp folders and examined the usual hiding-place folders for unusually-named DLLs and EXE, but didn't find anything. I tried xpud_0.9.2.iso and shellfix.ndf. I tried orst.ndf but it didn't find anything.

Finally I tried booting on a Windows install CD and 'fixboot' and 'fixmbr'. That wiped it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eeleor

eeleor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

can you help me with my moneypak virus problem. its on windows 7. it won't let me boot into safe mode and when i put in the original windows 7 istallation c.d. it won't load. if it does load i can't see it because of this white screen that loads. i have done every thing i've read about to fix it but i can't get into safe mode. please help. thanks

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Attention to both of you -
This area of the forum is not for Malware removal and all items should be posted to the Malware Removal area of the forum -

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== follow steps 6 to 8

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC of your own and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users