Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop is on but nothing at the screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ezooone

ezooone

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

hello.. regarding my topic..is there anyone has any idea what is happening to the laptop?
when I turned on the laptop, all the led at the laptop is flashing and I can hear the sound of the internal hardware is working..
However there nothing at the screen but I cannot hear the music of windows when it starting..

the model of the laptop is Compaq Presario CQ40.. Operating System Windows 7..

Hope anyone can help..thanks you..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Try going here first http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01443366&product=3752104 for an overview of your issue and probable steps you could take. If by any chance, try an external monitor to rule out the GPU chip from the laptop.

Tekken

#3 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Thanks..
I followed the method from the website..
It looks like the CPU not functional..

Thanks again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users