Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Anti Virus 2013

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I ve been using Kaspersky Anti Virus and am happy with it. My subscription ran out a couple of days ago and I bought the 2013 version (had been using 2012). I downloaded it but cannot find where I need to put in the Activation Code. There is a place on the bottom right right which says "insert activation code" and I click on it and nothing happens. So, now what do I do - all the info I see online does nothing. I am using XP Professional on a Dell laptop and also a desktop (I can use the code on 3 machines). TIA. I will shut down because I don't want to leave things open all night with no protection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I am using it for couple of months, and I am happy with current build :)

This new C patch fixed many annoying problems :)

After installing you should have picture like this:

Posted Image

You need to type your activation code into 4 fields

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

I have seen that screen in previous years but not this time. I see it listed in the "manage codes" section but there is no place to activate it.

#4 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

They give the worst instructions online. I finally got the phone number and he walked me through it in 2 minutes after I wasted 2 HOURS last night. Thanks for the help

Here is the tech support number in case anyone want/needs it 781-503-1820 I was only on hold for 1 minute too!!

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the number and solution.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users