Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switchable graphics question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ThePie69

ThePie69

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I got a new hard drive and installed windows 7 on it. My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 custom quad edition. I installed the AMD driver for it and updated and installed the catalyst controll manager. On the intel gpu its just that gpu running and the ati one is off, but when I switch to the high performance one(ati), both of the gpu's are on and the intel one is supposed to be off. i can see this by looking in the device manager --> display adapters. On my old hard drive just one would be on at a time never both like the high setting is now. This is a problem because when the high performance one is on there actually both on which makes it run like the power saver one which sucks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users