Yes, ComboFix can cause your computer to not boot if it is used improperly.
I will be able to help you with Combofix if we need to, but we have to do some other things first.
My name is Cody
and I'll be helping you clean up your computer.
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, I just ask for notice ahead of time.
Some points for you to keep in mind:
- Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- It's simply easier for me to analyze logs in this format.
- Provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- Every post you make, please describe in detail how the computer is behaving. "The same" is not detailed enough. If you have any questions at any point, feel free to ask.
When you post your reply, do not use the
button but use the
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the
button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification
and then Proceed
and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.NOTE:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
. Please remember to copy the entire post
so you do not miss any instructions.
Please download DDS
by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.pif
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- Mark the option attach.txt.
- Click on Start.
- After the scan has finished, confirm the message with Ok.
- DDS will automatically open both logfiles.
- You can find them on your desktop as well.
- Please post the content of those logfiles with your next answer.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE