Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD ADAPTER CABLES

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

HI,I have (2)PCS that 1 is a DELL E521 the other is a GATEWAY 4010GT.
The DELL E521 is the one i am using right now and working good.
The GATEWAY 4010GT has what appears to be a bad HDD,My question is are there cable adapters to put the GATEWAY 4010GT HDD
into the DELL E 521 disconnect the existing HDD start up PC with GATEWAY HDD and see if it is salvageable,i just to throw
it away if at all possible,if i can do this for a short time i may be ablle off load contents to a WD 500GB external HDD,THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

HI,I was rooting around on the internet and found this site called(COOL GEAR )it has what appears to be what i need IDE TO SATA ADAPTER.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Ive seen adaptors, if you get one dont get the cheapos off ebay-I bought one and it didnt work. but I know there are some that do exist and work. can you provide an actual link to that one? heres another option that should work-designed more for external use though.

Edited by the_patriot11, 25 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

http://www.coolgear.com/,HERE IS THE LINK.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

I've used this one and it did the job.
Amazon.com: Rosewill USB2.0 Adapter for IDE/SATA Device (Include Protection case) (RCW-608): Computers & Accessories

• The Rosewill RCW-608 supports a wide range of SATA/IDE devices including 3.5" and 2.5" SATA/IDE hard drives and 5.25" optical drives such as CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and DVD burners
  • The Rosewill RCW-608 is compliant with high-speed USB 2.0 to deliver transfer rates of up to 480Mbps
  • With the included external power adapter, quickly add or swap between drives without the hassle of opening your computer chassis to access the PSU

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

no results found on your link, though that one buddy found looks like it should do the trick

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

HI,I went and tried this morning got the same results you did,then i went to GOOGLE search and put
in just COOLGEAR.COM and it went straight to the site,i think because it has the forward slash may be why
it pulls up page not found,thanks

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think this is what lovemypc is trying to link to: Pro Series Aluminum Shell SATA and IDE Drive to USB Adapter Kit - CoolGear
Sold here: Amazon.com: SATA and IDE Hard Drive & Optical Drive USB Adapter Kit COMBO: Limited Edition Pro Series Aluminum Shell: Computers & Accessories

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

HI,buddy215,that was the site i was looking at have not used linking that much,the reason i did see it was not working
is went to the link and it appeared to work for,is there a reason why it did not possibly the way i did the link,thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users