Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot freezes for 10 mins at wallpaper -no icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 austinhopeful

austinhopeful

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have a laptop running xp professional with 2 gig of ram. hen I attempt to boot it, it loads up to the wallpaper then stops ..no icons, can't get to task manager or anything else. About 10 minutes later, it finally loads and everything seems fine from that point on. Before I decided to wait to see if it would eventually load, I tried a hard reboot and the same thing would happen. I've run antivirus, spybot, and tds killer. Nothing was found on any of these. Doesn't need defragging, no hard drive errors so i am at a loss. I have seen a lot of "can't boot" but haven't seen anything where it eventually boots on up. Any thoughts?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Download and install CCleaner. Then start it up, go to tools>startup>save to text file.. as shown in the image below. I'll have a look and see if I can help.
Posted Image
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users