Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer not always booting?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

So i have a weird issue on my hand. I built a computer a while back and it doesn't always boot, sometimes it stays on the bios screen, other times it boots right up. So naturally i thought this was a HD issue so i replaced the old with a new SSD. It installed Windows and everything seemed sweet as an apple pie until it started doing the same sh*t again. Another weird habit the computer has is it surges before it boots up. For instance I'll push the power button and it immediately fires up for half a second but then it powers off, then in a second or two it will fire back up for good.

Things i've done:

1. Check all the connections to the motherboard, psu and switches.

2. Went from original HD to SSD.

3. Confirmed proper SATA port for booting drive.

4. Confirmed power to HD's.

5. Confirmed proper booting order in BIOS.

6. Confirmed AHCI in BIOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys/gals.
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

A check of the power supply is probably in order. Lots of the problems you describe can come from fluctuating voltages from a failing power supply.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users