Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Patent information

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TSE project

TSE project

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

I am currently a french student in TSE (Toulouse School of Economics) and within the framework of a project I have chosen to study initial USB .

I am working on the stardard induced by the introduction of universal serial bus.
I am very interested by the initial release period (up to 1996) and some information are very hard to find.

*I am wondering if the corporations which had created the USB had registered a patent (or some patents?)? And is it "open source"?
(In fact it seems natural that the initial idea was to create a standard across the "new" computer market so it implies no fees BUT in the other hand it seems painful to create such a wonder without making money on IT [not on the derived product around])

*At this time (up to 1996) who was creating the product USB (male & female)?
(Was it dedicated to the corporations that had created USB or was it available to any firm? If it was available was it free? To summerize if I wanted to create a firm in China in 1996 whose purpose was only to create USB ports should I have been allowed to do it without asking any authorization?)

I am eagerly waiting for your answer so as to keep studying this wonderful market created by USB!

Sincerly yours

Nicolas Beaube
Mod Edit: Removed extraneous data - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I suggest that you use Google...to attempt to obtain such information...and other data...on such a broad area.

This forum is designed to assist computer users...with computer problems. Your pursuits do not appear to fall into that area, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users