Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to replace a inverter for an HP Pavilion laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jiggaplease

jiggaplease

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have a HP Pavilion dv2700 laptop I bought back in 2008. Recently, the LCD back light blew out but I can still see the display. I want to replace the whole screen panel, but I can only afford just the inverter. Do you guys know how to change the inverter for a HP Pavilion dv2700 or know any Youtube videos showing how to? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

You can go to HP.com and find the service manual for your laptop. The actual model number is on the bottom of the laptop.

I have to ask why you think it is the inverter rather than the LCD panels backlight? Either one can cause a dim screen.

For this model HP Pavilion dv2700 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC which is only one of the many dv2700 family of laptops.
This is the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01295820.pdf
HP Pavilion dv2500 and dv2700 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Disassembly is covered under the Removal and replacement
procedures
section

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 jiggaplease

jiggaplease
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

I lowered my options down the the screen panel or inverter problem on my laptop. Since the inverter is cheaper, I'll start off with that. Thank you for the guide too!

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Good Luck, I'll be interested to hear how you make out.

One thing to watch for. The connectors used in laptops are delicate. Always unplug cables by grasping the the plug. Never pull on the wires. I use a Large tweezers to grab the plug when I work on laptops.

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 jiggaplease

jiggaplease
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Update:

I was able to replace the inverter. I started up my laptop and then The screen lit up again to show the HP logo, but then the screen blacked out again with the display visible and LCD light not working again. I connected it to an external monitor and the LCD screen light of my laptop appeared again, but then blacked out with the display visible.

Is there any way to fix this when I have the new inverter in?

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

It wasn't doing that before?
If so you may have both a bad screen and a bad inverter. This presumes you got the right inverter.

Wish I could give better news.

The next step is try a new screen with the new inverter. They could have both been defective. Not common but if the screen didn't act this way before with teh old inverter then bad screen and inverter or the new inverter is bad or the wrong one.

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users