Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Areal Grphic Display?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi,

I've changed my video card a while back from a GeForce 8600 to an ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Gigabyte). The ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Gigabyte) card gave me problems at first so I would switch between my old video card and the new one.

I therefore kept both card drivers on my PC. The new card has been stable long enough now for me to remove the old GeForce card drivers.

However, since I've done this I've lost all Windows Aero graphics and Windows Media Player will only show an image when playing any video files.

I've just updated the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Gigabyte) drivers and the problem is still persisting?

In fact I get this message when troubleshooting Aero graphics:

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

Can anyone help me understand what this might be and how to correct it. Thanks.

John

PS OH, all other players (VLC, etc.) work just fine playing the video files with no problems.

PPS Also, I am willing to switch the video cards once again to get the GeForce drivers back on my OS so that I can get the Windows Aero Graphics and other features back but I don't see why such a high end card like the ATI Radeon HD 5800 doesn't offer these features in the first place? I have also posted this at the ATI forums with no response so far.

PP PS Is there a way to edit the titles on posts here? If not how do you delete a post in order to correct title miss spellings?

Edited by Johnz414, 25 November 2012 - 02:19 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users