Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Some Help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 josephrf

josephrf

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

All of a sudden out of the blue iexplore.exe is making my cpu's go to 100%, every time I scroll through a webpage it shoots up and when I play flash videos it shoots up and it freezes my computer until I kill the process in task manager and then I lose the page I was on. Ive tried several virus scans and came up with nothing, my computer is clean, Ive tried suggestions found on the web and none seem to help does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this damn problem? Iam running windows 7 with internet explorer 9 and have 3gb of ram.

Edited by josephrf, 25 November 2012 - 07:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Any recently added Add-ons ? Disable them and see.Also resetting İE settings to default may help.
Re:scanning for malware,have you scanned with http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/ ?
Please make sure to disable your antivirus just before you start,and enable it again afterwards.

Also worth trying http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_performance_and_safety/en-us

Edited by Julia G, 25 November 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#3 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

I have already tried resetting internet explorer settings and done a number of virus scans......all negative.....also I already tried disabling all the add ons, no difference.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Have you tried reinstalling IE9 or use other browsers to check on the CPU usage issue?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Tekken

#5 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

İf you haven't done the ESET scan please try it,it may catch something others have missed.
Also the link for Mr Fix it may also be useful.
By the way,if you have a system restore point to before this first started to happen,restoring to that may help.

Can you recall having updated any drivers / programs just before this first started?

Edited by Julia G, 25 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#6 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

You know, I did download the latest display adapter driver AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics driver but when I tried to watch videos afterwards they would not play i only had sound so I uninstalled it and reverted back to the original driver. Ill run the checks you people have suggested now. Thanks. As far as other browsers go i tried google chrome and didnt like it one bit and firefox was too screwed up for me to deal with I couldnt even find the bookmarks link anywhere.

Edited by josephrf, 25 November 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#7 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Im running the eset scan its gonna take a while heres the result from speccy and security check. I clicked copy to clipboard in speccky and nothing happened so I had to copy to notepad on my own and save.Attached File  security check.txt   884bytes   7 downloads

*Moderator Edit: Removed Speccy notepad attachment. Correct posting of Speccy report is in post #11. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 November 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Did you do the part in bold? Doing it this way makes it much easier to read the report. If you did not do this, try again. Just edit your post and if it works remove the Speccy attachment.

You should also do the same with Security Check.

When you do copy you will not see anything happen.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 November 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#9 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I dont know what you mean by doing the part in bold, whats the matter with the attachment I provided? It gives you the results. if i click on an empty space in reply then what am I attaching? I had to give up on the eset scanner twice it shut down and went away after scanning 27% it found one infection I guess Ill never know what it was. When I click copy if i dont see anything happening then where did the copy go to? I cant find it.

Edited by josephrf, 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

When you click Copy something does happen but you WON'T see it happening. Text is copied to the Windows clipboard which you cannot see.

Yes, the info is available in what you attached, but is is difficult to read easily. When PASTED it will be an easy to read format.

Do this: . In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

In the reply box RIGHT click, choose PASTE. The link will automatically be inserted into the post.

How to video:
http://youtu.be/AQLC1yDy-mY

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/6yJ5vZgZ5va1uCGSVBVIARP I just ran Speccy. Click the link to see what it will look like by publishing the results.

Security Check-how to copy/paste
http://youtu.be/X0FsxI4Ak1o

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 November 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#11 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Security check says my version of java is out of date but I checked it out on the jave website, result: Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 37). Ok I have speccy figured out now here it is: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/eBA6apRMasnLhSc8t1bM4Cn

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

The latest version of Java is Version 7 Update 9

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

#13 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thank you for the java link I downloaded it.

#14 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Try using this tools :
Adwcleaner
Ccleaner
Free Superantispyware

Tekken

#15 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Thanks, I already have cc cleaner and ran the adwcleaner but it said: File Found : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\eBay.lnk
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Babylon
Folder Found : C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Roaming\Babylon

***** [Registry] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\DataMngr
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\bProtectSettings
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Softonic
Key Found : HKLM\Software\Babylon
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Prod.cap
Key Found : HKLM\Software\DataMngr
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\MyBabylontb_RASAPI32
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\MyBabylontb_RASMANCS
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pgafcinpmmpklohkojmllohdhomoefph

i tried looking for these files to get rid of them and couldnt find any of them are they infections? I ran the superantispyware and it found 144 tracking cookies which i quarrantined.

Attached Files

Edited by josephrf, 27 November 2012 - 07:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users