Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does this Alienware look like a good deal?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Xezat

Xezat

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Disclaimer: I am not a PC building guy, nor am I tech savy when it comes to tinkering. So I've been trying to find a decent deal on a full PC system for a while now, which has largely been fruitless as I don't want to risk one of those CyberpowerPC or ibuypower things dying on me (they all seem to have bad reviews), and every other maker seems to want to use low grade graphics like the 7470s or integrated.

But anyways, I saw this up on Best Buy, and was wondering how good it looks: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alienware+-+X51+Desktop+-+6GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/6912556.p?id=1218812711766&skuId=6912556

Now yes, it is Alienware, which is generally overpriced. And yes it's the X51, which means there's no real upgrading to it (which I probably wouldn't do much of anyways). But at the same time, I mean this packs a Nvidia GeForce GTX660, which is more than what normally overpriced Alienwares have and better than any other graphics card I've seen in most pre-built systems, and it should play pretty much anything on Ultra settings being one of the better graphics cards right? The only thing I don't know too much about is the CPU and it only having 6gb of ram, but still for only $879, it seems like a decent deal. So I mean, for a guy with semi-cramped living quarters and no real know-how of building/tinkering, is this something that could last me for a decent while while providing a good gaming experience?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users