Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blurry Comp Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yankyfan100

yankyfan100

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

Im not sure if this the right place to post this but my screen has getting really blurry/out of contrast. It is a sony trinitron. i beleive it is the convergence and have ajusted it somewhat but the screen still seems to strain the eyes. Any input?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:01 AM

Hi there,

Find out what the native resolition is for that particular model, for example 1024x768 as well as the DPI(dots per inch), for example 96 dpi. Once you find out the native settings, Right-Click the Desktop, choose Properties, and in the popup window click the Settings tab. Set the slider to your supported resolution then click the Advanced tab, and make sure that your DPI is set to the recommended level.

If these are all where they should be, you should also make sure the settings on the actuall display itself are correct. Many LCD displays these days have an auto adjust, or return to factory settings option.

You may also want to set the font to Cleartype which is recommended for LCD displays. Right-Click the Desktop, choose Properties, and in the popup window click the Appearance tab. Click Effects, and choose the Cleartype option from the dropdown list.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:58 AM

I believe being a Trinitron indicates a CRT monitor. Convergence controls the co-incidence of the red, green and blue images - mis-convergence will give coloured edges rather than blurriness per se.

You could eliminate the possibility of there being a problem with your video card by trying the monitor on another computer, or another monitor on your own computer.

If it is definitely the monitor, it's a little difficult to accurately diagnose from descriptions. Some monitors have a dynamic focus adjustment in their menu options. You also make mention of the contrast, if the image has been gradally losing contrast and focus over months, and the monitor is some years old, it could simply be the CRT weakening.

Another thing that can make the image appear blurred is if something has happened to affect the bandwidth of the video circuitry (a component failure) or an impedance problem (eg faulty VGA cable or input impedance switch on the back of the monitor set wrong, should normally be 75 ohm).

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 HeyAnthony

HeyAnthony

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:17 PM

:thumbsup: Maybe you can try and look inside the control panel and fix your display settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users