Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Monitor Crashing on Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OhSht

OhSht

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

About a week ago I was playing the new counter strike and my computer made a strange noise and then the monitor crashed. When the monitor crashed it went all black and turned off and nothing I did turned it back on. I restarted my computer and everything was working normally again. I left on vacation for a week and I came back today and started up counter strike and was halfway through a match and same thing happened. I restarted my computer and fired up the internet to search for a solution to my problem when the monitor crashed. This was disturbing because I was not playing a game. I restarted again and this time the monitor crashed about twenty seconds after startup. I have no idea what to do. The monitor is a dell and is four to five years old.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I think its time to try another working monitor as it could be faulty or retiring.

Tekken

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't think monitors crash, they retire gracefully. When you turned it back on, did the "on" light come on or were you only looking at the screen? It could be something as simple as loose power or signal wiring. Your description sounds more like the PC is crashing if that is where the noise is coming from. Trying another monitor with your PC or another PC with your monitor per jhayz should localize the problem.

#4 OhSht

OhSht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I did a bios upgrade to my motherboard and everything is working fine now however I determined that it was my computer crashing not the monitor. And it only occurs now when I play counter strike so it is a game related error. This topic can probably be close as it is in the wrong section and irrelevant.

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

I did a bios upgrade to my motherboard and everything is working fine now however I determined that it was my computer crashing not the monitor. And it only occurs now when I play counter strike so it is a game related error. This topic can probably be close as it is in the wrong section and irrelevant.

Since you heard a noise, if it's not accompanied by fire it could be a fan. Perhaps keep an eye on your temperatures and the graphic card fan/temp in particular. We'll leave at that then. Post in the appropriate forum if you have further troubles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users