Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"The Wheel On The Screen Goes 'Round And 'Round"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 technickel

technickel

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Win7/IE9
I clicked on a link to view pictures, and the circling cursor is STILL hung up. How do I stop it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I clicked on a link to view pictures, and the circling cursor is STILL hung up. How do I stop it?

I hope that the first thing you did was to Reboot after this happened -

Please answer, if the pictures were already installed on your computer, or were they from an outside link ??
If they were from an outside link, do you remember what the link was ??

Is the computer operating OK now (are you posting from it), or has it been disabled due to the problem ??

Thank You -

#3 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

The pictures were intended to be accessed by clicking the link.
I was on my company's WiFi. I do remember getting a msg in my sys tray, saying McAfee had been turned off, but changed to state everything was activated as soon as I clicked it.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is the computer operating OK now (are you posting from it), or has it been disabled due to the problem ??
Hi -
Sorry for all the questions, but I am attempting to isolate if there is still a problem with your system, or just the sent item.
From your reply I must assume they were inter-company related pictures (Plans / diagrams etc.) -
Do you think that the computer they were sent from may have been compromised (infected) or just failed to open on your system ??
Have you since opened the link on another computer, or your computer, and what was the result ??

Can you look if there is any record in your McAfee Antivirus of this event, or nothing is left of the incident now ??

Do you still have an existing problem, or is this just to find a reason why the problem occurred, and if the system is now clean / OK ??
We can run scans if there is still a problem of some type -

Thanks -

#5 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

I had clicked on a link in another website forum, posted by a user. Frankly, navigating the site did prove problematic, in general.
I have not been using the PC since then, but did get a msg. that Mcafee had been shut down, but as soon as I viewed the msg, the status msg. indicated everything was fine.
I was on my company's WiFi, which I tend to avoid since I'm surrounded by mischievous types, some who probably have tech proficiency.
I had been hacked once before on another PC. In the "no-man's land", between one page to the next, it seemed some image tried to appear. Not sure if it was from a previously viewed page, or what. Will keep you posted on future prrformance. Grateful for your help.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hi -
We should do a couple of quick scans on your computer to see if there were any infections/problems involved with that download you attempted -
The computer must be given a decent run sooner or later, so it is best to start with these safe cleaning tools -

Please download both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free, ((If either are installed, please Update the programs now)).
Install both programs and make sure the programs are fully Updated and run a full scan with both of them.
These programs update every day, so current Updates are required - Logs will appear in notepad form, and are also saved in the programs records -
Post the scan logs here when finished -

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Now close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with OK.
Some of your add-on toolbars can be removed, but you can replace any required ones later.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the content of that logfile found on your desktop with your next answer.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop
Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
•Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

All of these downloads are perfectly safe, but if your McAfee complains, please disable it during the download -
Information on A/V control (temp disable) HERE if needed

In your reply please include the scan logs from >>
Malwarebytes Anti-malware scan
SUPERAntiware scan
Adware scan
JRT scan
Security Check by Screen317
Also any recent log from McAfee
-

Thank You - :)

#7 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I hope that the first thing you did was to Reboot after this happened -

Please answer, if the pictures were already installed on your computer, or were they from an outside link ??
If they were from an outside link, do you remember what the link was ??

Thank You -

I do remember where and what the link was.
I am currently using the PC I used when clicking on the link.
The PC seems to be okay.
I only found it strange that I was urged on the website to click on the link to go to another website to see pix,
but once there...no pix.

#8 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi -
We should do a couple of quick scans on your computer to see if there were any infections/problems involved with that download you attempted -
The computer must be given a decent run sooner or later, so it is best to start with these safe cleaning tools -

Please download both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free, ((If either are installed, please Update the programs now)).
Install both programs and make sure the programs are fully Updated and run a full scan with both of them.
These programs update every day, so current Updates are required - Logs will appear in notepad form, and are also saved in the programs records -

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Now close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with OK.
Some of your add-on toolbars can be removed, but you can replace any required ones later.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the content of that logfile found on your desktop with your next answer.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

•Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

All of these downloads are perfectly safe, but if your McAfee complains, please disable it during the download -
Information on A/V control (temp disable) HERE if needed

In your reply please include the scan logs from >>
Malwarebytes Anti-malware scan
SUPERAntiware scan
Adware scan
JRT scan
Security Check by Screen317
Also any recent log from McAfee
-

Thank You - :)

I tried to download this, but recieved a warning msg. from McAfee, stating the publisher could not be verified.

I tried to download this, and recieved a similar msg.
I already have Malwarebytes, and was successful in downloading SuperAntiSpyware. I will install, update, run, then post the log files.
Wassup with the warning msgs with the other downloads?

Edited by technickel, 26 November 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I tried to download this, but recieved a warning msg. from McAfee, stating the publisher could not be verified.

Hi -
All the programs listed above are quite safe, and I have them all installed on my computers now.
This is why we add extras like "Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts"
Your McAfee has never seen these programs so they are "alien" to its current settings so I left a link to disable your A/virus during download. I can provide links to where these programs have been used in the last 24 hours to help people.

Junkware Removal Tool is developed and maintained by thisisu a Malware Removal Expert on this site.
Security Check by Screen317 is developed and maintained by screen317, a Malwarebytes employee and Malware Removal Expert.
Adware by Xplode was developed and is maintained by a man in France who is also a Malware Removal Expert.

None of these programs will harm your system, but your McAfee is just looking after unknown downloads -

This line is added as standard "Information on A/V control (temp disable) HERE if needed" and is a link to BleepingComputer Tutorials.

Please, always ask these questions if you wish to know more on any program -

Thank You -

#10 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, I should have guessed. But that's why I became a member here, right? So I don't have to guess.
SuperAntiSpyware found 56 tracking cookies.
I then ran McAfee before bed, which was cnfgrd to shut down when the scan was complete. I didn't wait up.
Will these programs detect keyloggers?

#11 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

BTW, SuperAntiSpyware was updated before running, as was McAfee.
I will provide logs, if I can find them. Should find prompts "log files" , right?

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hi -
Look at the lower left side for "View Scan Logs" on SUPERAntiSpyware -

However if you looked at it and all that was shown were Tracking cookies (and nothing else) that is OK -

Thanks -

#13 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I ran Adwarecleaner. It did not prompt as helpers anticipated.
What I did get in the text was [OK] "Registry is clean." Do you still want to see this?
I've already run SuperAntiSpyware. As indicated before, it found 56 tracking cookies. Still want to see those logs?
What are you looking for in these logs? What will it say if there's trouble?

#14 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

AdwCleaner did not prompt me as desvribed. When clicked, I got an interface, saying, "State: Waiting for an action" In the row of Action buttons, I clicked, "Search".
The results said OK, and, "The registry is clean"

#15 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi -
Look at the lower left side for "View Scan Logs" on SUPERAntiSpyware -

However if you looked at it and all that was shown were Tracking cookies (and nothing else) that is OK -

Thanks -

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 11/26/2012 at 07:56 PM

Application Version : 5.6.1014

Core Rules Database Version : 9642
Trace Rules Database Version: 7454

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:51:45

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC Off - Limited User

Memory items scanned : 713
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 73786
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 60328
File threats detected : 56

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\X1Y65NK6.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@serving-sys.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\CR0S1T9W.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@collective-media.net/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\V2CMRMSU.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@c.atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\XIABGOAY.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@interclick.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\UFC2ERFI.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@doubleclick.net/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\DVQLTHW3.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@advertising.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\2752DAL2.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@ru4.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\QHPZY8P7.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@questionmarket.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\WRA0YHYX.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\PR2YLXTG.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@invitemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\BLURENUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\8BQETZJR.txt [ Cookie:blurenud@imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\79WO5J60.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\V2942U8K.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@ad.yieldmanager.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\T934VR75.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@collective-media.net/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\93AP0BLK.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@apmebf.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\S03SXSP6.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@legolas-media.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\2GWFI9IE.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@questionmarket.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\1ARW5EIA.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@mediaplex.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\MRSZ59N3.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@kanoodle.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\PKBNWVTD.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@msnbc.112.2o7.net/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\J8AR7PFI.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@c.atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\RSGJX0B0.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@casalemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\SJI39M11.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@invitemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\MPRUVD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\K5J3N1IX.txt [ Cookie:mpruvd@revsci.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\ZKGUT7WW.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@adtech.de/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\JRTC1Q3C.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@kanoodle.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\OX0YU6N0.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@realmedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\VSVZ5U22.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@tacoda.at.atwola.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\0BXIUI5L.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@fastclick.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\FHUVWZ5Q.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@revsci.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\XKKCOD57.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@adxpose.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\MRZLI8OP.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@doubleclick.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\3UOBT0H6.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@collective-media.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\581VGMQS.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@msnbc.112.2o7.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\WGS2LYPL.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@adtechus.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\5R4199FI.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@network.realmedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\M151IKMV.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@questionmarket.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\6YOU12YL.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@ad.yieldmanager.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\VB8692FY.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\5NV2296L.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@pointroll.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\PVLUZEGN.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@ru4.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\JN0K7T2S.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@at.atwola.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\DNJEXXV9.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@adbrite.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\GAC1YNQ4.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@ads.pointroll.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\93GG6D5L.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@invitemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\LTYWG0CN.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@serving-sys.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Y4UF0263.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@2o7.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\VPKHYL0Q.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@lucidmedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\OPI4XM3A.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@tribalfusion.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SOUTHOFFLAUD\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\N8DWIU9A.txt [ Cookie:southofflaud@c.atdmt.com/ ]
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\MPRUVD\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\MPRUVD\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\MPRUVD\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\MPRUVD\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
secure-us.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\MPRUVD\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\SLJU82JE ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users