Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer for around 700$

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fikxi

fikxi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hello everybody,

hope you guys can help me. Im looking forward buying a new Desktop-PC
for around 700$. I just need the basic hardware: mainboard, memory, graphic, processor and power-supply.

My primary use is: programming, games and office

And would be great if you guys could tell me some websites, where its best to buy my hardware.
Thanks for all your help

cheers
/fikxi

Edited by hamluis, 19 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.
Moved from Buying New to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

If you plan to do some light gaming, then the iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme NE533FX would be capable of doing it.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 fikxi

fikxi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

If you plan to do some light gaming, then the iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme NE533FX would be capable of doing it.

thanks, but im more looking for hardware to buy and than put it all together on my own :-)
So im looking for parts of the computer and no good deals for buying the computer already.
Hope you understand.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

In that case this may be the best way to go. Buy a kit of parts that should work together, or just find one that is close to what you want and make a note of parts. For example you like the motherboard CPU and memory and video but want a different case and drives.

Shop Barebone Kits
or
DIY PC Combos

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Agree with Roger, but I would add Amazon as a vendor for price comparison on any components.

Louis

#6 sweeper2

sweeper2

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

You might get a better deal if you buy separates and get those components on sale from different vendors instead of buying a "KIT". I also find that ready to assemble "kits" have a tendency to have at least one weak point, ie.. the GPU is not strong enough to play the games you want or the PSU is of poor quality, etc.- of coarse there are exceptions. Also what type of games are you planing on playing? Are we talking Battlefield3 or WOW?

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

For a computer that does decent PC gaming, you may need to increase your budget by $50 to $100. If you do that, I suggest the following...

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW - This is a simple case, but it should meet your needs until you need very large graphics cards. $54

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 - Think of this as the base model of the AMD chipsets. If you think you will be using Crossfire, you may want to get a 990FX-based motherboard. $79

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ - This is not an FX-8000 eight core CPU, your budget would need to be about $800 before I would go for that. Unless you are doing some hardcore scientific number crunching, this will do well, even in games. $139

GPU: HIS H785F1G2M Radeon HD 7850 - The price on this card puts in the entry portion of the gaming GPU bracket, you can consider the 7870 if you need a bit more power. $169

PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W - This can run all but the highest end graphics cards. $69 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)

RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - This is a single 8GB stick of RAM, which should be more than enough. $32

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue WD7500AZEX 750GB - Should be enough, unless you store tons of multimedia. $84

ODD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - A basic drive is all you really need. $20

OS: Windows 8 64-bit - The under-the-hood improvements outweigh the new start screen. I rarely do anything to take me there. $99

Grand Total: $752

If your gaming consists mostly of old or Flash-based games, you can keep the above configuration, but remove the GPU and replace the following components.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 - This is an APU, or AMD's take on a CPU with a GPU built-in. It doesn't have the same power as the FX CPU and uses the Piledriver architecture, just like the FX, but fewer "cores". This does, however, have the best GPU you can get in a CPU+GPU package. $129

Motherboard: ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X - This allows the use FM2 APU's, but is very similar to the 970 chipset. Like the 970 chipset, it isn't ideal for Crossfire setups. $139

Grand Total: $632

3939.png

#8 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

OK...finally got around to building this computer for myself (listed below) and I'm very happy with how it came out so a big 'thank you' to DJBPace07!

I did substitute a couple components as well as adding a SSD for the OS (Windows 7) but basically I did this build and would recommend it!

For a computer that does decent PC gaming, you may need to increase your budget by $50 to $100. If you do that, I suggest the following...

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW - This is a simple case, but it should meet your needs until you need very large graphics cards. $54

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 - Think of this as the base model of the AMD chipsets. If you think you will be using Crossfire, you may want to get a 990FX-based motherboard. $79

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ - This is not an FX-8000 eight core CPU, your budget would need to be about $800 before I would go for that. Unless you are doing some hardcore scientific number crunching, this will do well, even in games. $139

GPU: HIS H785F1G2M Radeon HD 7850 - The price on this card puts in the entry portion of the gaming GPU bracket, you can consider the 7870 if you need a bit more power. $169

PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W - This can run all but the highest end graphics cards. $69 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)

RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - This is a single 8GB stick of RAM, which should be more than enough. $32

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue WD7500AZEX 750GB - Should be enough, unless you store tons of multimedia. $84

ODD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - A basic drive is all you really need. $20

OS: Windows 8 64-bit - The under-the-hood improvements outweigh the new start screen. I rarely do anything to take me there. $99

Grand Total: $752

If your gaming consists mostly of old or Flash-based games, you can keep the above configuration, but remove the GPU and replace the following components.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 - This is an APU, or AMD's take on a CPU with a GPU built-in. It doesn't have the same power as the FX CPU and uses the Piledriver architecture, just like the FX, but fewer "cores". This does, however, have the best GPU you can get in a CPU+GPU package. $129

Motherboard: ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X - This allows the use FM2 APU's, but is very similar to the 970 chipset. Like the 970 chipset, it isn't ideal for Crossfire setups. $139

Grand Total: $632

With the added and substituted components my cost was just over $900

Thanks!

edited to add: You can view my exact components in my profile...

Edited by HydroLar, 18 October 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users