Msn's reply when I got received eror 81000306 .... :
The error code 81000303 that you received may be caused by incorrect cached Microsoft Passport Network credentials. It is possible that when your mistyped your password, you may have set the automatic sign-in feature of MSN Messenger. In addition, any of the following may also be the cause:
- Your account may be blocked
- Your Passport Network account may have expired.
- Your password may be incorrect.
We need to remove the sign in credentials so that you can type in your correct password. You may have done some of these steps already. For your benefit, however, I still recommend that you try all of these steps to ensure a permanent resolution to the problem. Please follow these procedures to help resolve your issue with MSN Messenger:
1. Verify your Passport Network sign-in credentials:
a. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit http://accountservices.msn.com
b. Click "Sign in." Note that if you are already signed in to the Microsoft Passport Network you will not be prompted to sign in again.
c. Type the user name and password that you are using to sign in to MSN Messenger, and then click "OK."
d. If you are successfully signed in, you will see a "Sign out" button. Go to step 4. If you are not successfully signed in, go to step 2.
2. If you receive the following error message, your password may be incorrect or your account may have expired:
"The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so."
Note: If you have not used your Hotmail or MSN e-mail address for a long time, your account may be deactivated. To register for a new Hotmail account, visit the following Web site: http://hotmail.com/cgi-bin/register
If the user name for the Passport Network profile that you use with MSN Messenger does not have "MSN" or "Hotmail" after the "@" sign and you have not used the account for more than 365 days, the account may be unavailable. If this problem occurs, visit http://www.passport.net
to register for a new Passport Network profile. Click "Sign in," and then follow the steps in the wizard to sign up for a Passport Network profile.
3. If you are successfully signed into the Passport Network, proceed to next step. If you continue to have trouble using this account to sign into the Passport Network there could be an issue with your Passport account, please contact Microsoft Passport for assistance at http://support.msn.com
. Choose Microsoft Passport Network on the page to submit the support request.
4. Use the correct user ID and password to sign in to MSN Messenger. If MSN Messenger is trying to automatically connect without prompting you to enter your password, you may have saved the incorrect password for automatic log on.
Let us first remove the sign in credentials:
1. Click "Start", click "Run", type the following command, and then click "OK":
Note: The "Stored User Names and Passwords" dialog box opens.
2. Select "Passport.net\* (Passport)" in the list of stored user names and passwords, and then click "Remove."
3. When you receive the "The selected logon information will be deleted" message, click "OK."
4. Click "Close," and then click "OK.
To associate the correct sign-in credentials:
a. In the MSN Messenger main window, click "Sign In" on the "File" menu.
b. Type your correct e-mail address and password.
c. Select "Sign me in automatically," and then click "OK."
5. If MSN Messenger is not set to automatically sign in, use your e-mail address and new password to sign in to MSN Messenger:
a. In the MSN Messenger main window, click "Sign in" on the "File" menu.
b. Click "Sign In" to view the MSN Messenger Service sign-in window.
c. Type your e-mail address and password.
d. Click "OK."
I hope the information above resolve your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through http://support.msn.com
. For additional help, visithttp://messenger.msn.com/Help/
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with support. Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support. Have a great day.