Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eBay images not loading in Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ozseagull

ozseagull

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hi, people!

Have had this ongoing issue with Firefox and IE for a cupplamonths now, but as I use FF am concentrating on this one.

When logged into eBay and searching categories, images don't load or load super slowly - and usually only the first page of a multiple page search loads, when clicking Next to go to another page no images load or do so glacially slowly.

I have searched Mozilla forums and other forums and tried every possibly speed-up trick including pipelining.

Have saved bookmarks and created a new Profile to test this aspect, and no changes to performance noted.
FF is current and auto-updates.

The slow image load problem ONLY occurs in eBay - inc ebay UK, USA, AUS. (I regularly surf Cars for Sale on all three)

Does not happen on other aution sites, only eBay.

Also noticed that one of the Home page pop-up windows on eBay has an error message 'cannot connect to server at ad-apac.doubleclick.net'. I have no ad-blockers uploaded so something is interfering with this.

Based on what I've read on malware forums I think I might have a deep-seated, well-hidden nasty.

Am running Ad-Aware, AVG and MalwareBytes, but none of them can find anything even with full scans.

Have tried Uninstalling all and reloading only one at a time to check for incompatibility and still no 'nasties' found.

Seems like it might be a back door keystroker or similar that is causing the images to hang.....

But what would I know..??

What now? Any clues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users