Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conflict Between Realtek Pci Fast Ethernet Card And Prolink Pixelview Playtv Pro Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nakul

Nakul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

I have Windows ME installed on my desktop computer (PIII 450 Mhz, 128 MB RAM). I have been using Prolink Pixelview PlayTV Pro card on this computer for the last 2 years now. Recently I installed Realtek PCI Fast Ethernet card and Norton Anti-virus 2005 on my computer. Previously I had Norton 2000 installed on my computer with no problems.

After installing Realtek PCI Fast Ethernet card and Norton Anti-virus 2005, I am facing problem with my TV tuner card (without FM).

Everytime I power on my computer the TV tuner card is not able to catch cable TV signals. In short, the drivers get corrupt.

To resolve this I again run the setup for TV tuner, restat the computer and then it works fine till my next shutdown.

At first I uninstalled Norton Anti-virus from the system. This did not resolve the problem. I ran all the Windows Diagnostic utilities but nothing seem to pin point the problem. TV tuner card has IRQ 10 and NIC card uses IRQ 11.

Under problem devices, Internet Connection Sharing protocal was listed. I deleted the same from Network properties, but no luck. I even disabled the NIC card, no luck.

Then I removed the NIC card from the motherboard and TV tuner started working fine again - no longer running set-up everytime I rebooted my computer.

Now there is another problem with the TV tuner card - it does not save settings eg.: channel preference, skipped channels, sound options(I change it to stereo and it returns back to mono on restarting the application).

I also want to use Broadband on my computer and for this I need that NIC card, but do not know how to resolve this issue.

If any one has a solution to this issue please help.

Regards,
Nakul
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Have you tried moving the cards to different slots. In the Days of ISA card were positional. You could move them around to alter how they act. I alway place my NICs and MODEMs in the last slot.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users