Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 2890

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 globalvariable

globalvariable

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hey guys, I recently have been going through the logs of my router, and I've noticed some Incoming Logs of 5 different IPs on port 2890.

When I say "some", I mean about 50 or so.

I recently was using SSH to my server and that was in the log, but after about 5 minutes or so, that was completely gone out of the log. Taken over by the port 2890 services.

I have no idea what this could be, my server is port forwarded on a different port.

Can someone help me out? What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

What protcol TCP/UDP? block the port on the router, and do a whois on some of the IP's. If your service or bandwidth starts to suffer or you keep getting requests on that port contact your isp and have them investigate. The port number is not assigned or allocated to a known application. It could be just broadcast traffic, have you used any torrent clients?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 globalvariable

globalvariable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

It is the UDP protocol.

I have looked up the IPs and found the locations, two are near me and a few are across the country.

This worries me a bit, but I think it'll be fine.

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users