Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to track a java exploit virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 networktech1

networktech1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

need some thoughts...

I was unlucky enough to get a java exploit virus on my pc?

it quarantined about 6 or 7 files? in ms security essentials as java exploit, and i went to java website and verified ver 7u7 was installed.

ran Wireshark, traced ip i think. i want to learn how this stuff works, so I'm wanting to rip out all my important data, then un-quarantine the virus, and see whats going on.

searched all day with no ideas what i can be doing to see what its doing, like using process explorer, Wireshark,netstat, etc.

any thoughts on how to see what this thing will/can do? how it operates?

i won't connect to internet so i should see if its trying to call home. i think i still need to run something to get it installed into the os.

any thoughts appreciated

Mod EDit: ~~boopme
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)is at Version 7 update 9
Moved to AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum.

Edited by boopme, 23 November 2012 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Maybe to read this --> http://zeltser.com/malware-analysis-toolkit/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users