Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player Won't Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 teddybear86

teddybear86

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I've noticed that lately when I try to go to Youtube or any other site that requires flash player, I get a message that tells me I need to upgrade my Flash player, even though until recently I had the latest Flash player and it worked fine. I've tried many times to re-install it and even uninstalled the version I have, but when it gets about halfway through the install process it tells me to close the Adobe Flash installer. I'm not sure how to get word for word messages, as I use a screen reader, and you have to use the Jaws cursor instead of the regular one, which doesn't allow you to select or read it well enough to relay word for word what's happening on the screen.

I did have a lot of junk on my computer including the infamous alureon trojan according to my antivirus program, that it couldn't get off, but I ran DDS Killer, which was installed on my computer by an IT guy at an organization for the blind because Windows Defender offline was absolutely not accessible for me, and after I used that, when I did another scan with my anti-virus program, which is Microsoft Security Essentials, and also did a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware, I got a clear scan, but Flash player only works when I use Google Chrome. Oh, i use Windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networking

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START,it should download the virus definitions
When scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

#3 teddybear86

teddybear86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Well I tried the first program for the second time and I can't get it to talk to me. The only button it will read to me is the scan button. i used it earlier today and it must have gotten that alureon cr*p off because my antivirus has been coming up with clear scans. I don't know how to change the parameters, though, because my screen reader isn't talking when it uses this software. It just says button when I try to tab over.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ok,ignore the parameter,post the logs

#5 teddybear86

teddybear86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

How do I find the log from where I ran DDST earlier? It wouldn't talk at all, so I never heard it say the option to save the log. Well it talked, but it just kept saying button. The developers of that software and a lot of these other antivirus and other cleanup stuff really need to realize that blind people use computers too.

I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll have to run these programs when I get back.

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Log file is in C drive similar to C:\TDSSKiller.2.4.7_23.07.2010_15.31.43_log.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users