Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Logon Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nebulus2kk

nebulus2kk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

Is it possible to bypass the Xp Login screen?
I can not get into my computer because I have fogotten the password and urer name
I have my main computer, and also a laptop, I have them bothe networked togther,. I can still use my laptop, but am unable to get into main computer.
I was messing around as you do one night on the laptop, and I think I may have altered some settings, ie user account.So when I try the main puter, it halts at the xp login screen.I have tryed everything, but it says that the account has be disabled, and I need to see the administrator, I am the adminstrator, but how to sort it I have not a clue.
Any help, or indeed suggestions as to what to do, would be a great help.

Thanks Roy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

Security features like passwords are designed deny access to unauthorized users.

We cannot help you defeat security features because we have no way of knowing if it is indeed your computer that you are trying to get into, and being that this forum is public others will learn how to defeat security measures if we publish methods to do so here.

I suggest you take the computer to a computer repair shop along with proof of ownership and they may be able to help you reset your password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users