Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote desktop issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goooner

goooner

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Good morning,
I have an interesting problem which I hope someone could help me with. My boss routinely accesses his desktop at work using RDP from his laptop. He then normally closes the connection (without logging out), and then resumes working the next day. The problem is that the fonts from the open Word files change after the remote session. He then has to close all the word files and open them again (which is time consuming). He generally works on 10-12 word files at a time.

Here is the Processor type, and memory etc:
Processor AMD A6-3650 with Radeon HD g´Graphics 2.6 GhZ
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

He is using Microsoft Office 2007. Both Office and Windows are up to date.
Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hello,

I'm not an expert in Office but what, if any, basic trouble shooting have you tried?

As an example;
What happens if he properly logs out of his sessions?

Are the same versions of office and fonts found on both systems? (Office isn't necessarily updated when windows is.)

If he saves a document before closing a session and re-opens it does the same issue occur?

Are the default page layouts at the remote system set to use the font he wants?

Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Zen

#3 goooner

goooner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hello,

I'm not an expert in Office but what, if any, basic trouble shooting have you tried?

As an example;
What happens if he properly logs out of his sessions?

Are the same versions of office and fonts found on both systems? (Office isn't necessarily updated when windows is.)

If he saves a document before closing a session and re-opens it does the same issue occur?

Are the default page layouts at the remote system set to use the font he wants?

Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Zen

Hi Zen,
thank you for the reply.
No the problem does not occur when he logs out, but then he has to close all his programs when he logs out, and this is not what he wants to do.

Yes I've set Office to update with windows, so the same office versions are running on both computers.

I think I have autosave switched on, but this is something we could try.

Yes the defaults on the 2 computers are the same.

I personally think its a screen resolution problem, with the scaling between the 14 inch laptop screen, and the 24 inch desktop screen. Or a memory issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users