Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MP4 Codec for Windows Movie Maker???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blondewahine

blondewahine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hello!

Was wondering if there is a codec that will make it possible to import MP4 videos into Windows Movie Maker? If so, is there a reputable freeware out there for that? I know that I can convert the file to a more compatible one, but I would prefer to skip the extra step if at all possible.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

You could try this ffdshow. If you do read the help files and read all the screens during install. It does need some configuring. I have used it in the past. And read the videohelp forums for help on configuring it.

New version r4489 20121025, Aug 22
ffdshow is an advanced directshow decoder and VFW codec for playing most video formats like AVI, DivX, XviD, MKV, MP4/M4V, WMV, WEBM, MPG, MPEG2, SVCD, DVD, AVC/H264, AC3, DTS, AAC/M4A. Built in video and audio postprocessing filters like video resize, noise, sharpen, crop, logoaway, subtitles, OSD information and audio equalizer, normalizer, delay, etc.

Or search here Codecs and see if anything else catches your eye.

Or as an alternative, what are you trying to do? Maybe one of the programs that can handle mp4 using built in codecs would be better?

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 25 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users