Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did I get scammed??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kathy915

kathy915

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

I recently gor an email with Hey Kathy in subject line and I opened it and the link about jobs. A week later ( which was yesterday) some of my email contacts got the same email from me. Today I go to go on my email and my password has been changed. I cannot access it and it directs me to call At&T. I do. They go thru several techs who tell me my email is permantly gone and no longer accessible and that my computer is now at risk. The suggest I need an expert to fix it and direct me to a company called PC Care Experts. After I pay them and allow them remote access to my computer I start thinking have I been scammed? I currently am having no issues with the computer but don't know if they did anything while they had remote access. I gave them my CC info to charge and that charge is on my CC. I searched and everything I am reading says they are a scam. I called them and someone does answer and denies that they are a legit company. I am not sure what to do at this point - they did post once on here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic324874.html/page__p__1804071__hl__pcexperts__fromsearch__1#entry1804071
at above link - I am asking if anyone knows if they are legit or not and were they lying that my email is gone (this is a ten year old email with lots of saved info)!!
Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I hope I havent made this to confusing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Sorry Kathy, but I think you are hacked and Scammed -

I Googled "PC Care Experts scam" abd there is a long list of problems involved. Many like yours (C/Card gone and Passwords all hacked)

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== do steps :step6: to :step9:

Once any proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users