Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PVT. Burrito

PVT. Burrito

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I am looking into buying a new video card for my computer, but am having trouble finding out if the card and the computer are compatible. the card I am looking to buy is a EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support, and I have an HP pavilion p7-1003 desktop with no new/custom parts. Would I need anything other then a new power-supply, and if so what?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

It is compatible :thumbup2:. You need a minimum of a 450 watt power supply

Edited by Hadnjury, 21 November 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

#3 PVT. Burrito

PVT. Burrito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Alright, thanks

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

That computer does have the PCI express X 16, but I couldn't find any mention of it being 2.0 or 3.0. It should work with either one, if it is 2.0 it will be backward compatible.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users