Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eric0668

eric0668

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I am getting an error, and the browser force closes EVERY time I goto respond to email

I can send mail, receive mail, just not respond

Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi -
Download Internet Explorer 9 - Microsoft Windows You should not be using I.E. 7 as it was replaced a while ago.
Internet Explorer 9 is the current version for Vista and Windows 7.
Do you have M/soft Updates set to download manually or automatically ?? This should have been included along with other updates.

Please download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please paste the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#3 eric0668

eric0668
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Aussie,

Thanks I will later in the evening, or tomorrow

BTW, I must be playing tricks on myself...I am using IE9. FWIW, is it the same as when I upgraded to IE9, should I wait til updating to 10, no errors etc...

#4 eric0668

eric0668
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.54
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
MVPS Hosts File
SpywareGuard v2.2
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000
JavaFX 2.1.1
Java 7 Update 9
Adobe Reader X (10.1.4)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
AVG avgwdsvc.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

should I wait til updating to 10

There is no I.E. 10 - Internet Explorer 9 is current - All items in the Security Check are OK -
Error Windows IE needs to close << Is this the full and only error message ??

I can send mail, receive mail, just not respond << By this do you mean if you try to hit Reply to an existing email it will not send, but if you type a fresh email it is OK ??

#6 eric0668

eric0668
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thank you again.

1. I think I saw IE10 available for something, maybe Windows 8, but a PREVIEW only for Windows 7. In either case, would you download right when available, or wait a little while.

2. Unfortunately it is not doing it when I need it to. Go Figure !!! But it is worded sort of like that, with IE has to close

3. Correct. When the problem happens, it is when replying to an email. I can start a new, fresh email with no problems.

Eric

#7 Toasttify

Toasttify

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Try chrome, it is another internet browser that many people will recommend. Chrome

But if you still want to use ie, go and delete all your history, cookies, cached content. That could possibly fix your problem.

#8 eric0668

eric0668
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

thanks again

I am very familiar with the basics, etc, actually far more than the basics. Just hard problems I need help with

I am not a fan of Chrome. Is there a way to, believe it or not, NOT use tabs. I despise them

Thanks,
Happy Thanksgiving
Eric

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

maybe Windows 8, but a PREVIEW only for Windows 7. In either case, would you download right when available, or wait a little while.

""Windows Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) is a version of the Internet Explorer web browser from Microsoft. It was released to the public on March 14, 2011.""
This is taken from WIKI as the date of release - It has been around for ages as the Win7 default browser.
As far as Google Chrome, I an not a great fan of it either, as I use ORCA as my spare browser these days -

Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) is a version of the Internet Explorer web browser released by Microsoft in 2012, and is the default browser in Windows 8.

My only other idea is to remove AVG and replace it with another Antivirus at this stage. There have been several not nice reviews of the current version.
I can't tell you which one is the best because determining that is generally not feasible; however, I can give you my strong recommendations for programs that I have tested and that I trust. All of the following are excellent free (not free trials of) antiviruses - Be sure to only install one.
Microsoft Security Essentials (what I currently use)
Avira AntiVir
avast!

This can be added to with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free or in paid/active versions - Just keep them Updated.

Is there a reason why you do not want Tabbed browsing, as this helps when using several programs at the same time ??

#10 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

You could have a look here & give it a try many say it has solved problems with IE9.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users