Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

interactive logon process initialization failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wentwood

Wentwood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have Vista Home Premium and my computer has not been booting up (black screen). I have on occasion received a 'interactive logon process initialization has failed' message. (followed by Please consult the envent log for more details).

I am not real computer savvy, but am nervous about losing my info on computer. I can cut the computer on and off several times, and after a couple of tries, the computer will log on.

Any current fixes out there and should I try to back up before I do anything?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer Wentwood.

Can you boot into Safe Mode? You access this by pressing F8 repeatedly once you push the power button.

It may be useful if you post the make and model of this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users