Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Impossible to load pages like Facebook, Linkedin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sony12

sony12

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi,
Since yesterday I can't connect to social networks like Facebook or Linkedin and I'm having a page with links only without images and style.
Also it's taking me ages to load the page and I noticed a slow down when surfing.
I have checked already for running anti-virus and anti malwares and all seems clear.
I cleared also all the cookies, hard cleaned with CC cleaner and tried several browsers Opera, Google Chrome and Firefox still impossible to connect.
Please if you can advice.
Best,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

hard cleaned with CC cleaner

You didn't say how hard you cleaned with Ccleaner, but Ccleaner includes a Registry cleaner, and we advise not to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.

Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time.

As for your issue with not being able to access any social sites, you wouldn't happen to have a Parental Program installed that would prevent this, do you?

Just a thought!

Usually if it is one site I would suggest power cycling your router and modem by unplugging them from the wall socket and waiting a few minutes to clear the memory out, then plug the modem back in, wait a few minutes and plug the router back in and try again.

animinionsmalltext.gif

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

A cat named ugly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users