Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task bar disappears and windows freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rb30e

rb30e

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Hi,

I've had an issue with the system restore malware hijacking my computer, I managed to remove it but the computer just wasn't running properly so decided to start again.

I have made a 200gb partition where I run XP from and any other executable files. There are a number of other drives on my computer but all are just videos, pics, music etc.

When I rebuild windows I just format the drive XP SP2 is on and start again.

I have done this three times but continue to have trouble.

As mentioned the task bar will disappear the mouse still moves but every thing is unresponsive. I can bring up the task manager and try to shut down. It has to force a program called AXWIN.exe to close before I am able to shut down the machine.

It also comes up with a warning sometimes that says that a script is causing internet explorer to run slowly or become unresponsive and asks me if I want to stop the script or ignore it.

I have run AVG free 2013 and picked up some trojans but cleared them all.

I also have Malwarebytes anti Malware which is protecting ingoing and outgoing connections.

I purchased the full version of PC tools Spyware Doctor and install it, it seems to make the system even slower and cause more issues. I have done an 'inteliscan' using this it picks up and clears some Trojans but if I attempt a full scan it claims it will take 70 hours to complete and crashes before it has a chance to complete the scan.

I have thought about reinstalling windows and not plugging in any of my other drives just to see if I have the same problem, but the other partition will still be active on the drive I install XP on.

one other thing, the first time go onto the net after reinstalling windows it hijacks my browser and search results are ok in google but clicking on any of the links will redirect me to some other BS site.

I'm starting to get really frustrated and it has wasted loads of my time, my dad told me it may be a bios virus and to change the hardware but I'm not convinced this is the case.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networking

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START,it should download the virus definitions
When scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users