Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just started getting BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jagula

Jagula

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I got this computer a few months ago (August) and it's been working very smoothly; however, tonight as I was using it the computer pretty much stopped functionally working and I tried to power it off using the start options but the comp wouldn't respond so I had to physically turn it off. Tried turning it back on normally, it was on the login background screen without the actual login prompt for 15 or so minutes, then displayed the login screen for a second before an error message and BSOD. I didn't get a chance to take down what the error was the first time so I rebooted the computer to not automatically close on system failure, but the BSOD this time only said:

-------------------------------------
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x
c0000006 (0xfd9804fc 0x0237e040).
The system has been shut down.
-------------------------------------

I haven't had big problems with viruses (about a month back I had to remove a program that just changed my home page on browsers to a bad search client but I haven't found or encountered any problems since).

The computer is a refurbished Lenovo ideapad Z570.

The computer boots fine in safe mode and safe mode with networking, and now boots slowly but doesn't error and crash until the login prompt shows up.

All help is appreciated.

Edit: On boot up I tried to do built in "Repair" option and did the option to scan for windows start up issues. Test said I had no boot up issues and it indicated that windows was starting up fine.

Edited by Jagula, 21 November 2012 - 12:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Boot into Safe Mode and do a System Restore.

Click on the Start button, type in System Restore in the search box, in the list of results click on System Restore. You will want a restore point prior to the start of this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Jagula

Jagula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I would have done that immediately, but I didn't have a prior restore point. However, weird occurrence, just tried booting up normally, all drivers went, no crash etc. now using in normal mode with some oddities though (the windows bar at the bottom is still displaying in the safe mode style). I am going to, at this point, make a restore point from right here and make a clean Win7 os disc in case problems start coming up again and the restore doesn't fix them. Aside from that I'm going to just tentatively move forward and see if I encounter any further problems or whether this thing was just a really weird one day fluke thing that fixed itself.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

In Safe mode, the computer does not start the video adapter driver that is used during normal operations, this is why the quality of the screen is so poor.
Is the whole screen appearance like it is when you are in Safe Mode, or just the tool bar?
Try this.
1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect or corrupted versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Edited by dc3, 21 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Jagula

Jagula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

It was just the windows bar and the side bar of programs that were displaying as if in safe mode, all other parts of the display are normal. Doing scan now.

Edit: It said it didn't find any integrity errors.

Edited by Jagula, 21 November 2012 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users