Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9 Doesn't recognize Flash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 slg070

slg070

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

When I try to use something on Internet Explorer that requires Flash, it always says "Flash Version 9.0 or greater is required..". But I always keep my Flash updated. Right now, it's Flash Player 11. Please Help! What am I missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110 << Check from this download that you have the latest version.
Be sure to Untick the Google Add-on at the download -

Is there only a particular site that gives you the problem ??

Thank You -

#3 slg070

slg070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Ok. I clicked the link and re-downloaded Flash. It's still happening. No particular site. I used sidereel.com to test it, but it happens everywhere. Thank you.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Go - Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features, now check if you only have the one version of Flash Player listed -
Delete any other versions that may be listed - I will check the site you listed and see if mine works -

See how that goes :)

#5 slg070

slg070
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I have the following programs listed by Adobe Systems Incorporated:

1. Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
2. Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
3. Adobe Reader X (10.1.4)

Which, if any, should I delete?
Thank you.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Warning! This site has a poor reputation. I had this warning from my WOT rating, but chose to ignore it -
http://www.sidereel.com/topic/this-week-in-tv << I just watched this video Revenge's New Mystery Man without problems.
http://www.sidereel.com/Glee << I also watched a promo for Glee without problems.

My main problem is that certain content is restricted to USA only (I'm in Australia), so I only saw a couple of brief Videos, but they were OK.
The ones I saw were no problem, and did not ask for other add-ons to be installed -

Uninstall the 2 listed below and try the link I left for the current version. It may just need a reinstall to be recognised -
1. Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
2. Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
3. Adobe Reader X (10.1.4)

Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110 is now current from Here
Adobe Reader XI (11.0) is the current version from Here
For Firefox, Opera or Safari browsers, use This Link
Always untick the Extra Google bar when downloading from the Adobe site -

Edited by noknojon, 22 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users